It’s always hard to believe that someone as fit and health conscious as Australian Youtuber Wengie is a self-identified “lazy person.” You think there’s no way! Not with her body! But in her DIY weight loss hacks video, Wengie gives you 30 ways for how it’s totally possibly to be lazy and still be fit. These hacks are sure to help you boost your metabolism, balance your sugar levels, and help you lose weight with minimal effort.
- Lemon Detox Water
2 liters of water, 1 fresh lemon, 1 whole cucumber, and 10 mint leaves make for a refreshing drink that will help stabilize your daily sugar levels and reduce fat gain as well as detox your body and clear your skin.
- 2 Cups of Cold Water Before Breakfast
Also drinking water before every meal reduces overeating.
- Eat From Small Plates
- Eat From Plates with Contrasting Colors From Your Food
- Get More Sleep
- Healthy Fats for Breakfasts
Mono-unsaturated fats, like nuts and almond butter, help keep sugar levels leveled throughout the day.
- Turn Down your Thermostats
Shiver that weight off.
- Swap Your PJs for Workout Gear
If you’re just laying around the house, wear your workout gear instead of PJs, it might motivate you to work out.
- Count Your Steps
- Chew Slower
- Eat More Often, Smaller Portions
- Workout Less
A 15-minute high-intensity workout is the same as a 30-minute low-intensity workout.
- Find a Hobby that Keeps You in Shape
- Eat Spicy Food
- Drink Green Tea Before Bed
- Eat a Spoonful of Peanut Butter Before Bed
- Wear Form-fitting Clothing While Eating
- Never Shop on an Empty Stomach
- Pamper and De-stress Yourself
- Eat the Healthiest Part of Your Meal First
- Limit Sources of Temption—Especially At Night
- Ask for Dressing and Sauces on The Side
- Healthier Food Substitutions
Cravings 911 on Good Housekeeping can help you find healthier food substitutions.
- Sneak in More Vegetables to Your Meals
- Eat Right When You Wake Up
- Standing Up For 3 Hours a Day
Burns 150 calories.
- If You’re Hungry Ask Yourself If You Want An Apple
If the answer is no, then you’re not really hungry
- Eat with Your Non-Dominant Hand
- Laugh More
Workout those abs!
- Watch Scary Movies
Being scared burns calories!
Learn more about Wengie: